SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A WOOD FRAME PROJECT MANAGER
Wood Frame Project Manager
The Project Managers main responsibility is to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from conception through warranty. The Project Manager must organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. A Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal is to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities through new relationships and networking
Bidding / RFP
- Review Schematic Design documents for constructability and logistics
- Meet with Owners, Architects, and Engineers during plan development
- Provide budgets and hard-bid estimates for multiple project types
- Bid invite creation and trade proposal tracking
- Updating bid books
- Formulating and presenting formal RFPs to Owners, Architects, and Engineers
- Generate meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist Superintendent with project schedule
- Maintain and update a complete Submittal Log
- Review submittals for conformance to contract documents
- Review project documents & create RFIs in a timely manner
- Maintain and update RFI Log
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues
- Review project specific documents to understand and identify gaps in the documents
- Office QA/QC
- Verify project documentation is complete, notify applicable party if other items needed
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors, and other parties involved
- Maintain open communication with all parties
- Work with Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors
- Handle conflict in a firm but fair way with a sense of urgency
- Review drawings & specifications in preparation for commitment scope
- Complete project buyout within 90 days
- Address schedule requirements in Commitment Scope
- Gather pricing for field-initiated change events
- Review commitment change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents, and subcontractor scope of work
- Communicate/emphasize key specifications & requirements in pre-construction and pre-award meetings
- Oversee documentation of contractual requirements of subcontractors & suppliers
- Direct project progress meetings with Superintendents and Subcontractors to review quality, safety, schedule, project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve problems and issues and come to an agreeable resolution
- Understand and exceed client expectations
- Lead the (OAC) Owner, Architect Contractor meetings
- Communicate with design team to identify lead times for materials purchases and track fabrication/ ROJ dates
- Coordinate local city permit and utilities company requirements with BDB, related subcontractors, and owner requirements
- Actively assist Superintendent with enforcement of site safety
- Resolve safety problems in a safe, practical, and cost-effective manner
- Keeps current on weekly job site work activities
- Identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly
- Perform pre-punch list walk thru with Superintendent
- Work with Superintendent to create punchlist
- Work with Project Coordinator and Superintendent in collecting all close out documents
- Enforce contract close-out timeline
- Follow up with Project Accountant to ensure all invoices are in the system and all final change orders are completed
- Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction
- Maintain internal job costing
- Pay applications
- Commitment invoice approval
- Prepare Owner and Subcontractor change orders in a timely manner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
- Organized, detail-oriented, problem solver with strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, Procore software experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with a focus in multi-family wood frame construction.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial construction experience with a multitude of project types.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands
- Talk or hear
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.