SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A WOOD FRAME PROJECT MANAGER
Wood Frame Project Manager
The Project Managers main responsibility is to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project Manager must organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. A Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers.
- Secure building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Direct project progress meetings with Superintendents and Subcontractors to review quality, safety, scheduled project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
- Review, plan and schedule the project progress to obtain personnel, material and equipment needs, and Subcontractor performance in a manner consistent with scheduled requirements, budgeted costs and timely deliveries.
- Cultivate a working relationship with Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, and Clients in a manner that encourages a cooperative environment, team effort and professional approach.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve construction-related problems and issues, such as recognizing and understanding any conflicts or scope gaps in the contract plans and specifications, and come to an agreeable resolution between Architect, Owner and Subcontractor(s).
- Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction.
- Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities thru new relationships and networking.
- Resolves safety problems in a safe, practical and cost-effective manner
- Communicates/emphasizes key specifications & requirements in pre-construction and pre-award meetings; oversees documentation of contractual requirements of subcontractors & suppliers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
- Organized, detail-oriented problem solver with strong work ethic.
- Applicant should possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, Procore and basic accounting a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with a focus in multi-family wood frame construction.
- Successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years commercial construction experience with a multitude of project types.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Talk or hear
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.