SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A SUPERINTENDENT
This position is responsible for the supervision of all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, problem-solving, inspecting all work during construction to ensure quality, compliance with plans and specifications, and promoting and enforcing the BDB safety program. The Superintendent works closely with the entire project team to include clients, architects, engineers, project managers, project coordinators, subcontractors, and inspectors.
- Responsible for day to day construction operations, jobsite oversight, and quality control
- Create and maintain project schedule to include weekly update of 3 week look ahead schedules
- Communicate accurate project schedule information and specification requirements with subcontractors and suppliers across all trades
- Manage material delivery coordination and follow up with procurement
- Ensure a safe worksite and conduct daily safety inspections
- Maintain on-site project documentation
- Maintain a clean worksite and quality of the work production
- Conduct daily reports and other required paperwork
- Regularly review project and maintain record and photos of project progress
- Communicate any issues associated with the project to appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Conduct and document weekly site foreman’s meetings to include toolbox safety talks as well as pre-construction meetings
- Maintain punchlist
- Daily communication with project team
- Generate RFI’s in Procore
- Attic Stock Sign-off
- Redline as builts
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of 8 years as Superintendent in Commercial Construction
- Must have Multi-family and/or Senior Housing experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong work ethic and goal oriented, with ability to react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve desired results through informed decision making
- A thorough knowledge of all trades
- Strong organizational, communication, and people skills
- Ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements
- Desire to build and maintain relationships with BDB team, clients, architects, local authorities, and subcontractors
- Ability to implement duties with an exceptional level of accuracy and timeliness while meeting established deadlines
- Knowledge of local codes/regulations to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety laws and regulations a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Microsoft Project and Procore experience preferred
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform basic carpenter tasks as required on project
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from
local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.