SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A SUPERINTENDENT
This position is responsible for the supervision of all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, problem-solving, inspecting all work during construction to ensure quality, compliance with plans and specifications, and promoting and enforcing the BDB safety program. The Superintendent works closely with the entire project team to include Client, Architects, Engineers, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Subcontractors and Inspectors.
- Responsible for day-to-day construction operations and quality control
- Create and maintain project schedule to include weekly update of three-week look-ahead schedules
- Communicate accurate project schedule information and specification requirements with subcontractors and suppliers across all trades
- Manage all field operations including material delivery coordination, health and safety measures, cleanliness and order of the job site and quality of the work completed
- Submit daily reports and other required paperwork. Conduct regular project reviews and maintain record and photos of project progress.
- Communicate any issues associated with the project to appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Promote and maintain site safety requirements and procedures
- Conduct and document weekly site Foreman’s meetings to include Toolbox safety talks
- Daily communication with Project Manager
- Generate RFI’s in Procore and submit to Project Manager and Director of Field Operations
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years as Superintendent
- Experience with wood frame construction in Multi-Family and Senior Care
- Willingness to travel a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic
- A thorough knowledge of all trades
- Strong organizational, communication and people skills and the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements
- Desire to build and maintain relationships with BDB team, clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors.
- Goal oriented, with ability to react quickly to challenging circumstances in order to achieve desired results through informed decision making
- Ability to implement duties with an exceptional level of accuracy and timeliness while meeting established deadlines.
- Knowledge of local codes/regulations to ensure compliance. Knowledge of federal, state and local safety laws and regulations a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Microsoft Project and Procore preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform basic carpenter tasks as required on the project
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from
local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.