SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A SKILLED LABORER
You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, frequently load and unload heavy materials and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be reliable and a hard worker.
- Record and report design changes to Project Manager and Design Team.
- Assist in daily safety inspections.
- Assist in quality assurance inspections.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by clearing obstacles and hazards.
- Load and unload construction materials.
- Learn and proficiently use BDB construction software.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist and direct on-site crews.
- Be willing to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to do physical labor
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather
- Must be punctual and reliable
- General knowledge of safety protocol
- Ability to effectively use construction tools
- Carpentry skills
- Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Procore experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from
local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.