SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Managers main responsibility is to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project Manager must organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. A Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
• Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities through new relationships and networking.
Bidding / RFP
• Bid invite and tracking.
• Work with PC on updating bid book.
• Generate meeting agendas and minutes.
• Assist Project Superintendent with project schedule.
• Maintain and update a complete Submittal Log.
• Review submittals for conformance to contract documents.
• Review project documents & create RFIs in a timely manner.
• Maintain and updates RFI Log.
• Accurate and timely documentation of project issues.
• Review project specific documents to understand and identify gaps in the systems.
• Office QA/QC.
o Verify project documentation is complete, notify applicable party if other items needed.
• Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers.
• Maintain open communication with all parties.
• Work with Superintendents to recognize under-performing subcontractors.
• Handle conflict firm but fair and with a sense of urgency.
• Reviews drawings & specifications in preparation for commitment scope.
o Complete project buyout within 30 days.
o Address schedule in Commitment Scope.
• Gather pricing for field-initiated change events.
• Review commitment change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents, and subcontractor scope of work.
• Communicates/emphasizes key specifications & requirements in pre-construction and pre-award meetings; oversees documentation of contractual requirements of subcontractors & suppliers.
• Direct project progress meetings with Superintendents and Subcontractors to review quality, safety, schedule, project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
• Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgement in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve problems and issues and come to an agreeable resolution.
• Understand and exceed client expectations.
• Participate in (OAC) Owner, Architect Contractor meetings.
• Communicate with design team to identify lead times for materials purchases and tracks fabrication/ ROJ dates.
• Coordinate local city permit and utilities company requirements with BDB, related subcontractors, and owner requirements.
• Actively assists project superintendent with enforcement of site safety.
• Resolves safety problems in a safe, practical and cost-effective manner.
• Keeps current on weekly job site work activities.
• Identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly.
• Perform pre-punch list walk thru with Superintendent.
• Work with Superintendent to create punchlist.
• Work with PC and Superintendent in collecting all close out documents.
• Enforce contract close-out timeline.
• Follow up with PC to ensure all invoices are in the system and all final change orders are completed.
• Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction.
• Maintain internal job costing.
o Pay applications
o Commitments invoice approval
• Prepare change orders in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
• Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
• Organized, detail-oriented problem solver with strong work ethic.
• Applicant should possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, Procore and basic accounting a plus.
Education and/or Experience
• Successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years commercial construction experience with a multitude of project types.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- Talk or hear
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from
local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.