SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A PROJECT MANAGER
To perform the day to day operations of project management and provide oversight for all phases of the construction process. These processes include but are not limited to: reviewing/creating project documents (plans, specifications, & contracts), labor projections, coordination of trade contractors, directing construction activities, resolving construction conflicts and disputes, coordinating field installations and project closings with the Project Superintendent, developing and maintaining client relationships while ensuring project costs, timelines, quality and safety standards, and standard operating procedures (Running the Job Manual) are met.
- Direct project progress meetings with the superintendent, trade contractors and suppliers to review quality, safety, scheduled project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
- Review, plan and schedule the Weekly Progress Report to obtain personnel, material and equipment needs, and Subcontractor performance in a manner consistent with scheduled requirements, budgeted costs and timely deliveries.
- Lead, motivate and develop field and office personnel, focusing on skills and techniques that will ensure continuous performance and meet/exceed corporate standards.
- Cultivate a working relationship with Project Managers, Project Laborers, Trade Contractors and Clients in a manner that encourages a cooperative environment, team effort and professional approach.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve construction-related problems and issues, such as recognizing and understanding any conflicts or scope gaps in the contract plans and specifications, and come to an agreeable resolution between Architect, Owner and Subcontractor(s).
- Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction, while maintaining good working relationships with field personnel, trade contractors, subcontractors and clients.
- Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities thru new relationships and networking.
- Use of Safety Manuals
- Resolves safety problems in a safe, practical and cost-effective manner
- Communicates/emphasizes key specifications & requirements in pre-construction and pre-award meetings; oversees documentation of contractual requirements of subcontractors & suppliers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
- Organized, detail-oriented problem solver with strong work ethic.
- Applicant should possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, Procore and basic accounting a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Successful candidate should have a minimum of 8 years commercial construction experience.
- Experience with a focus in multifamily wood frame and/or industrial experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management preferred.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- Talk or hear
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from
local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.