SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A PROJECT ENGINEER
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
- Assist PM and PC to verify adequate bidding coverage.
- Works with Project Manager during the project buyout
- Addresses schedule in Subcontractor Scope.
- Assists PM in completing project buyout within 30 days.
- Assist in preparation of subcontractor commitments.
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of subcontractor scope.
- Assist Project Superintendent with project schedule.
- Identifies lead times for materials purchases and tracks fabrication/ ROJ dates.
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log.
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents.
- Maintains project document list.
- Reviews project documents & creates RFIs in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates RFI Log.
- Coordinates local city permit and utilities company requirements with BDB, related subcontractors, and owner requirements.
- Assist the PM in generating meeting agendas and minutes.
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues.
- Efficient use of Procore.
- Office QA/QC – verify project documentation is complete, notify applicable party if other items needed.
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors.
- Handles conflict firm but fair with a sense of urgency.
- Works with PMs and Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors with project notifications.
- Gather pricing for field initiated change events.
- Reviews subcontractor change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents, and subcontractor scope of work.
- Participates in (OAC) Owner, Architect Contractor meetings.
- Understands and exceeds client expectations.
- Actively assists project superintendent with enforcement of site safety.
- Keeps current on weekly job site work activities.
- Identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly.
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with PM & Superintendent.
- Enforces contract close-out timeline
- Works with PC in collecting all close out documents.
- Follow up with PC to ensure all invoices are in the system and all final change orders are completed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of a Bluebeam (or similar), Procore, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Project and willingness to learn others.
Education and/or Experience:
Four (4) year degree from an accredited university or college in a related field of construction or equivalent experience
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Good communication skills.
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Ability to adequately and physically maneuver a jobsite.
- Work indoors in an office, or sometimes outdoors at a construction site.
- Are often exposed to sounds, noise levels and conditions common to a commercial construction site.
- Wear protective equipment (PPE) often when touring a construction site.
- Exposure to high and/or precarious places, wet and/or humid conditions and hot and/or cold temperatures depending on the weather.
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space.
- Often work in buildings without heating or air conditioning, such as portable trailers or unfinished structures.
- Regularly visit job sites in a car or truck often using these as a traveling office.
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.