SEE YOURSELF HERE: APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH BAUER DESIGN BUILD AS A PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Responsible for the accounting operations of the company
- Communicate routinely with Project Managers on a variety of job related topics including bonding, insurance and contract agreements.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of company financial plans
- Preparation of all monthly financial reports
- Work with outside accounting/financial firms on monthly close-out procedures
- Provide reporting and budgeting as required by Senior Management
- Manage company and project cash flow
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Procore, and Accounting Softwares.
- Ability to answer project-related questions and resolve project issues.
- Ability to manage organized project filing system in a timely manner.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative and successfully works towards increasing project responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 to 4 years on Construction Management or General Contracting or Subcontractor industry experience
- Understanding of commercial insurance policies required
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance preferred
- Experience in job cost accounting and financial reporting
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- See details of objects and differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Talk or hear
Bauer Design Build provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from local candidates for this position
Bauer Design Build is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. While the completion of this form is voluntary, your cooperation will assist us in our recruitment efforts. The EEO information you provide will not be considered in the selection process.